This is a great opportunity for an energetic and creative individual looking to work with an exciting, fast-growing tech startup.
ProdPad is cloud-based product management software used by 800+ companies, including market leaders like Autodesk, Automattic and Vevo.
It’s a "software as a service" (SaaS) web tool designed to help teams build better products. By providing a single interface that collects all of the input from an organisation's broad base of users (both external prospects & customers, and internal groups - like sales, customer care and development), ProdPad provides product managers a beautiful interface to organise their product backlog, build their roadmap, and send their requirements to development via any of our incredibly useful integrations.
About the job:
You’ll be joining our team as we continue building our product, a powerful web app that’s used by thousands of product managers and their teams.
You’ll be working with our development team to to build robust new features and products. You’ll also be involved in ongoing improvements to the product and platform architecture. Your role will be primarily around writing front-end code, but you’ll also have the opportunity to work on back-end code.
The tech stack you’ll be working with consists of: ES6, VueJS, RxJS, Symfony 2 (PHP), NodeJS, Redis, MySQL (RDS), EventStore, ElasticSearch, and Redshift.
Why this job is important:
Everyone likes to say they’re agile and iterate on their product quickly - but we actually live and breathe it.
Your work will be seen and used by thousands of people around the world, and will give you the chance to flex your skills to create a robust, usable product that scales with our growth.
What you’ll learn in this role:
We’re building a product that’s used by thousands of product managers, and we’re a company full of product people ourselves. As such, we’re surrounded by smart people who challenge the way that amazing products are built - we’re constantly striving for the best product management practices ourselves, and aren’t afraid of trying crazy things to improve the product for our customers. We invest in training, conferences, and whatever else you might need to get new skills and improve your own work.
You'll practice identifying new technologies, prototyping them and working out how they will push the product forward in such areas as event stream processing and realtime collaboration. You'll also work with others in the team to merge machine learning into the product across various areas.
- You’ll work with the rest of the development team to continually evolve our core app and architecture as the product grows.
- You'll be working with our development and UX teams in an agile fashion to deliver iterative improvements that we can get in front of customers.
- You’ll get to research and implement the best technologies that will allow the product to be responsive, fast, and usable.
- You’ll own your code and make sure that it’s well documented and equipped to have other developers jump in on as the engineering team grows.
We know this role is a big ask with a lot of responsibility. If you fit some but not all of the criteria, get in touch anyways and tell us what you’re awesome at and what you want to learn next. Let’s work together to find the perfect spot on our team for you!
- Big bonus if you’ve spent much time in the back-end, working with either Symfony (that’s us!), NodeJS, or similar frameworks.
- You’ve worked with automated testing in the past, perhaps with something like CodeceptJS, Jasmine, PHPUnit or PHPSpec.
- Extra points for having an understanding of Grunt and Brunch!
- You’ve got at least a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- You've got experience building complex apps (bonus if you’ve got B2B apps under your belt and you’ve been involved in their architecture), and might have a portfolio or Github repo to show off your great work.
- Extra points if you’ve worked on event based applications and with websockets
- And of course, you’ll be able to work as a team player across ProdPad, clearly communicating priorities, needs and expectations with everyone. We use a mixture of great tools (besides ProdPad, of course!) including Slack, email, and occasional meetings at the beach to keep us all on the same page.
- Overseas and UK-wide travel may be required (including for our annual team offsite trip!)
In addition to a competitive salary we will provide 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays). We also let you pick out your own kit and tools to work with.
Plus, did we mention the fantastic, crazy, dedicated team that you'd be joining? Here's a post about working at ProdPad that'll give you a sense of what to expect: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-have-something-im...
There’s plenty more besides this, so convince us we should meet you, and we’ll explain more!