This is your chance to join an exciting and fast-growing startup, based right by the sea!
ProdPad is cloud-based tool (SaaS) product management software, and is used by more than 900 companies around the world.
About the job:
You’ll be joining our team as we continue building our product, a powerful web app that’s used by thousands of product managers and their teams.
You’ll be acting as the technical connection between the support team and the development team, by answering technical questions from customers while also helping to characterise and report bugs.
You’ll also be working with the product team to find the data needed for the success of various initiatives across our team.
Why this job is important:
You’re going to be a hero - the champion of quality for the ProdPad core app and the systems around it. You’re the critical bridge between customers and the technology, and thrive in an agile startup environment.
What you’ll learn in this role:
This could be a huge opportunity for you. You’ll get to work directly with our customers (many of whom are in a similar role to you, and so will be helpful and supportive as you work with them!), as well as with our development team. You’ll be joining a small but fast-growing startup, where you’ll have the chance to get involved in a wide range of jobs, both creative and technical. You’ll have the full support of your teammates, who’ll be working with you at every step.
- Chat directly to our customers, offering support and helping them use our app
- Troubleshoot issues with the app, and help others walk through troubleshooting steps.
- Create bug reports and help prioritise them on our development Kanban board
- Test the app for bugs or inconsistencies against the written acceptance criteria
- Write acceptance tests (primarily front-end) using standard acceptance testing frameworks
- Write release notes and help keep our help documentation up to date with our ongoing improvements.
- Run data queries using SQL and via various other tools, to answer questions about usage
We know this role is a big ask with a lot of responsibility. If you fit some but not all of the criteria, get in touch anyways and tell us what you’re awesome at and what you want to learn next. Let’s work together to find the perfect spot on our team for you!
- You’re comfortable chatting with customers, and probably know your way around support tools like Zendesk and Intercom
- Your background doesn’t really matter: Perhaps you’ve worked in support or QA or a development role in the past, or been something like a sales engineer. We’re not fussy about titles - tell us what you have done that would prepare you for this role!
- You’re an excellent writer, comfortable with writing functional (yet fun!) release notes and help documents, and can support your work with helpful screenshots or videos.
- It’d be great if you knew how to put together SQL queries or similarly dive into data. We always have lots of questions about usage, and you’ll be in the right position to help us answer them.
- You’re awesome at troubleshooting and debugging, and ask all the awkward questions that find the edge cases faster than our developers (and customers!) can.
- And of course, you’ll be able to work as a team player across ProdPad, clearly communicating priorities, needs and expectations with everyone. We use a mixture of great tools (besides ProdPad, of course!) including Slack, email, and occasional meetings at the beach to keep us all on the same page.
- Overseas and UK-wide travel may be required (including for our annual team offsite trip!)
In addition to a competitive salary we will provide 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays). We also let you pick out your own kit and tools to work with.
Plus, did we mention the fantastic, crazy, dedicated team that you'd be joining? Here's a post about working at ProdPad that'll give you a sense of what to expect: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-have-something-important-tell-you-being-head-growth-nandini-jammi/
There’s plenty more besides this, so convince us we should meet you, and we’ll explain more!