ProdPad is a fast growing, Brighton & Hove based, tech startup. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated administrator to join our buzzing team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to take on a role which supports several departments across a company. As well as day-to-day operational tasks, there will be opportunities to take on mini-projects and challenges, while having the ability to make improvements to processes along the way.
ProdPad is cloud-based product management software used by 1000+ companies, including market leaders like Bose, WP Engine, Rackspace, Airbus, and Amazon.
It’s a "software as a service" (SaaS) web tool designed to help teams build better products. By providing a single interface that collects all of the input from an organisation's broad base of users (both external prospects & customers, and internal groups - like sales, customer care and development), ProdPad provides product managers a beautiful interface to organise their product backlog, build their roadmap, and send their requirements to development via any of our incredibly useful integrations.
When hiring, we are always on the lookout for ways to hook up with the best and most interesting candidates out there. We go beyond the standard “job ad” approach - attending conferences, setting up and sponsoring local meetups, setting tech challenges (which we pay for) so candidates can see what life is really like at ProdPad, and of course offering flexibility to enable our team to balance their work and personal commitments.
About the Job:
This role will provide integral support to our Customer Team, as well as doing some of the general office tasks that keep ProdPad running smoothly on a day to day basis. You’ll need to be comfortable with juggling a variety of responsibilities, over multiple departments. We’ll be looking to you to learn about ProdPad, understand how we work, and make well informed decisions over what you should be prioritising each day.
The role will include the following activities:
- You’ll help turn our wins into hard cash by creating invoices and dealing with billing enquiries. This will include chasing payments where they’re overdue.
- You’ll help our customers with their procurement process by providing company information on their vendor/supplier information forms.
- You’ll help us to understand how well we’re doing by supporting the creation of monthly reports.
- You'll work closely with our Sales and Account Management teams to support them with managing incoming requests from both leads and customers.
- You’ll help us find ways to improve by highlighting areas we can automate or streamline our processes
Office admin and coordination:
- You’ll take ownership of managing some of our supplier relationships, arranging for the office to be maintained as needed
- You’ll play a big part in helping to organise our team celebrations and offsites, and will enjoy organising events, agendas and people
- You’ll take over travel bookings for the team
- You’ll be ensuring our cupboards are stocked with stationery items and team snacks, as well as taking requests from the team when new kit is required, or setting up our new starters.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining important company information such as our Asset Register, Software Licence Agreements and Tools lists
This is not an exhaustive list. One of the many benefits of working at ProdPad is that as a rapidly growing company, there is plenty to put your stamp on within the organisation. If you have ideas - share them, you never know where it might lead!
You’ll have a proactive approach and will thrive in a role where your tasks are varied, and priorities can quickly change. You’ll be motivated to learn about ProdPad, and how all our departments work together. We’ll be keen to hear about your previous experiences of managing multiple priorities at a time, dealing with a variety of different stakeholders and demonstrating excellent customer service - whether that’s in a previous job role, during education, through volunteer experience or community work or one of the many other ways you might have developed these skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience*
- You have a strong desire to be customer facing - both to external and internal customers. Your role will require you to interact with others on a regular basis
- You are a strong communicator - both written and verbal
- You are meticulous about detail, understanding the importance of accuracy when using our many tools
- You have some experience of managing financial tasks like invoicing and helping customers to make payments
- You know your way around email, calendar, task manager, and word processing apps
- You have some experience of organising social events - and will enjoy the logistical and creative side of that
- You have strong opinions and aren’t afraid to pitch in your ideas and stand your ground when needed
- You thrive on change. Nothing stays the same here for long, and your role and title will change as you hone your skills and as our team grows.
- Overseas and UK-wide travel may be required (including for our annual team offsite trip!)
- And of course, you’ll be able to work as a team player across ProdPad, clearly communicating priorities, needs and expectations with everyone. We use a mixture of great tools including Slack, email (and ProdPad of course!) and we have occasional meetings at the beach, to keep us all on the same page.
- If you have used any of the following tools, this would be a bonus:
- Xero, Recurly, HubSpot, Zendesk, Slack, Google Suite, PandaDoc, Intercom, Calendly, Travelperk and of course ProdPad!
* If you tick some of these boxes not all that’s okay! If you’re keen to learn we’re here to teach. Let us know in your covering letter why this is the job for you!
Why this job is important:
We are a growing company, and as such things move and change quickly at ProdPad. This role will bring some much needed, consistent support to some busy customer facing departments (internal and external!) Your organisational skills will quickly make an impact on the team, as you start to own your tasks and develop your role. You’ll become a trusted and safe pair of hands to many of your colleagues.
What you’ll learn in this role:
There’s loads to learn in this role, and as someone who will get to see how most departments in the company work, you’ll be in a unique spot to be able to tell if you see ways of improving how we do things at ProdPad. We pride ourselves in supporting our colleagues as they develop in their career, so this role could be the perfect stepping stone to a future role at ProdPad.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and a covering letter telling us exactly why this is the role for you.
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Private Medical Insurance
Healthcare Cash Back Plan
Employee Assistance Programme
Your own choice of kit
Season ticket loan
A good work life balance
Team social events
Learning and Development:
At ProdPad we actively encourage learning and development in your field, and are open to supporting your attendance at conferences, training days and other relevant events.
Based in the UK, on the south coast, our office is an easy bus journey from both Brighton and Hove train stations. While this role is based at our Hove office, we operate flexible working arrangements which meet both the team and business need.
This role is advertised as full-time, but could also suit someone looking to work part-time hours. Minimum hours required per week would be approximately 25 per week, which could be spread over 4 or 5 days, from Monday to Friday. We are open to discussing your needs.
To all recruitment agencies: ProdPad does not accept agency resumes. Please refrain from sending unsolicited resumes to any ProdPad employees.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Plus, did we mention the fantastic, crazy, dedicated team that you'd be joining? Here's a post about working at ProdPad that'll give you a sense of what to expect: https://www.prodpad.com/blog/developer-at-prodpad/
There’s plenty more besides this, so convince us we should meet you, and we’ll explain more!