Come work for an exciting, fast-growing tech startup by the sea!
About the company:
ProdPad is cloud-based product management software used by 1000+ companies, including market leaders like Spotify, WP Engine, Rackspace, Autodesk, and Automattic.
It’s a "software as a service" (SaaS) web tool designed to help teams build better products. By providing a single interface that collects all of the input from an organisation's broad base of users (both external prospects & customers, and internal groups - like sales, customer care and development), ProdPad provides product managers a beautiful interface to organise their product backlog, build their roadmap, and send their requirements to development via any of our incredibly useful integrations.
About the job:
You’ll be joining our team as we continue building our product, a powerful web app that’s used by thousands of product managers and their teams.
You’ll be deeply involved in building and launching beautiful, useful products. You’ll be responsible for converting the prototypes and wireframes into functional, beautiful UX. You may even help build those prototypes and work with our Product Designer on user research.
Why this job is important:
Everyone likes to say they’re agile and iterate on their product quickly, but too often don’t allow for enough time and space to actually put anything like that in practice. We like to actually live that! Your job will be to help us figure out and implement the best way to tackle a wide range of new interfaces, features and ways of interacting with our web and mobile apps.
Your work will be seen and used by thousands of product people, where you’ll get piles of great, constructive feedback that’ll inform your next iteration (and the next iteration, and the next iteration...)
We deploy live code twice a week so your code will be directly improving the product on a regular basis. It is not unknown to deploy to master by the end of your first day!
What you’ll learn in this role:
We’re building a product that’s used by thousands of product managers, and we’re a company full of product people ourselves. As such, we’re surrounded by smart people who challenge the way that amazing products are built - we’re constantly striving for the best product management practices ourselves, and aren’t afraid of trying crazy things to improve the product for our customers. We invest in training, conferences, and whatever else you might need to get new skills and improve your own work.
- You’ll be taking prototypes and designs and creating implement beautiful, functional UI changes.
- You'll be working with our development and UX teams in an agile fashion to deliver iterative improvements that we can get in front of customers.
- You’ll work with the UI Developer and Product Designer to implement prototypes for user research.
- You’ll own your code and make sure that it’s well documented and equipped to have other developers jump in on as the engineering team grows.
We want to hear from you! If you fit some but not all of the criteria, get in touch anyways and tell us what you’re awesome at and what you want to learn next. Let’s work together to find the perfect spot on our team for you!
- You’ve worked with and are familiar with automated testing.
- Bonus if you know your way around design tools like Sketch and Photoshop, and are a comfortable with prototyping in tools (our favourite here is Marvel) and in HTML/CSS
- You've got experience building both websites and complex apps (bonus if you’ve got B2B apps under your belt), and have a portfolio to show off your great work.
- And of course, you’ll be able to work as a team player across ProdPad, clearly communicating priorities, needs and expectations with everyone. We use a mixture of great tools (including ProdPad, of course!) including Slack, Trello, and occasional meetings at the beach, to keep us all on the same page.
- Overseas and UK-wide travel may be required (including for our annual team offsite trip!)
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Your own choice of kit
Bike to work scheme
Season ticket loan
A good work life balance
Team social events
Learning and Development:
The opportunity to develop your own skills and role as we grow - we encourage learning and development in your field and are open to supporting your attendance at conferences, training days and other events.
Based in the UK, on the south coast, our office is an easy bus journey from both Brighton and Hove train stations. While this role is based at our Hove office, we operate flexible working arrangements which meet both the team and business need.
To all recruitment agencies: ProdPad does not accept agency resumes. Please refrain from sending unsolicited resumes to any ProdPad employees.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Plus, did we mention the fantastic, crazy, dedicated team that you'd be joining? Here's a post about working at ProdPad that'll give you a sense of what to expect: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-have-something-im...
There’s plenty more besides this, so convince us we should meet you, and we’ll explain more!